A person loses about 50 to 100 hairs on an average every day. Some people lose much more than that, leading to thinning of hair. This lowers the self esteem and perceived attractiveness of the person. Fortunately, hair loss can be arrested and the earlier it is done, better is the outcome. If hair loss is in excess, then there is a chance to become bald, which can lower down your confidence, but no need to worry as hair transplantation is a permanent solution for baldness. Countries like Singapore, USA and India provides better hair transplantation surgery. In India, you will get, Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Chennai and .
Ways in which you can control DANDRUFF:-
Coconut oil helps eliminate dandruff due to its antifungal properties. It also moisturizes dry scalp and provides relief from itching.
- Take some coconut oil and mix half the amount of lemon juice in it.
- Rub it on your scalp and massage for a few minutes.
- Wash your hair after at least 20 minutes.
- Follow this remedy two to three times a week.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
Scalp treatment with apple cider vinegar is effective in getting rid of dandruff. It restores the pH balance of the scalp, thereby inhibiting the growth of yeast. It also works as a natural hair clarifier and helps clean clogged pores and hair follicles.
- Take two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Mix an equal amount of water and 15-20 drops of tea tree oil in it.
- Apply it onto your scalp and massage. Rinse your hair after a few minutes.
- Follow this natural treatment two or three times a week.
4. Baking Soda
Being a mild exfoliant, baking soda helps remove dead skin cells and absorbs excess oil. It can also help balance pH levels on the scalp and reduce the growth of fungi that cause dandruff.
- Wet your hair and rub a handful of baking soda onto your scalp.
- After a couple of minutes, rinse your hair well with warm water.
- Repeat once or twice a week for a few weeks.
Note: Do not shampoo your hair after this treatment.
5. White Vinegar
White vinegar is one of the best home treatments for dandruff. Vinegar has acetic acid that prevents growth of fungi on your scalp and relieves itching.
- Add one-half cup of vinegar to two cups of water. Rinse your hair with this mixture after shampooing your hair.
- Another option is massage your scalp with a mixture of two parts white vinegar, one part olive oil and three parts water. After 10 minutes, rinse it off and shampoo your hair using a mild shampoo.
Follow either of these remedies once or twice a week.
6. Olive Oil
Scalp dryness can be cured with regular use of extra-virgin olive oil, an effective natural moisturizer.
a. Heat some extra virgin olive oil until it is slightly warm.
b. Massage it onto your scalp and then wrap your hair in a warm towel.
c. Leave it on for at least 45 minutes or overnight and then shampoo and condition your hair.
d. Repeat this remedy a few times a week.
Steer clear of bad habits
As discussed earlier, unhealthy hair habits can cause hair loss. Common culprits for thinning of hair are:
i. Brushing vigorously:-
Brushing your hair aggressively puts a lot of pressure on the hair fiber, causing the cuticle to flake and fall away. Combing wet hair is not advisable as it can cause excessive pulling and breakage.
ii. Tight ponytails and braids:-
Tying your hair in tight ponytails and braids can lead to thinner hair as these techniques cause hair traction. Due to traction large amount of hair gets damaged and may fall out. Sometimes the damages caused by hair traction are permanent.
iii. Heating tools:-
By using heating tools on dry hair causes dullness, brittleness and breakage of hair. It strips the natural moisture from the hair causing the cuticles to dry up and snap off.
iv. Unbalanced diet:-
Well balanced and nourished diet promotes healthy hair. Protein repairs, strengthens and boosts cell growth. Iron and zinc aids in the growth of follicles. Eggs provide supplement to the hair as they are rich in protein and B vitamins which are necessary for growth.
Hair pulling due to stress:-
During severe stress, you have an urge to pull out your hair which can lead to hair loss. Stress can push large number of hair follicles into resting phase, also called telogen effluvium. This accelerates the process of hair falling out even during washing or brushing them gently.
Hair is an indication of our health. Paying extra attention to your daily routine and consulting the dermatologist when necessary can boost both your hair and self esteem.