A natural hair mask greatly improves the overall quality and appearance of your scalp and strands. Environment pollution, sun exposure, chlorinated water, excessive shampooing and styling your hair can damage your hair more than what you’ve expected. To restore the lost shine and luster, we try out different commercial products available in stores. These chemical products contain harsh chemicals and synthetic compounds, which cause more damage to our hair. Fix this problem by opting out a good hair care regime and make your own formulated hair masks according to whatever hair care woes you may have.
Getting a protein treatment for your hair is important and is quite expensive in salons. Here are some good natural homemade hair mask recipes suggested for your dry and damaged hair. They keep your hair moist and with frequent use you acquire a long lasting result.
Banana and Honey Smoothie for Hair:
Banana and honey are the natural moisturizers, which can restore your dry hair. This hair mask works amazing when you continue applying it twice a week. The end result is definitely long lasting.
- Mashed Banana- 1
- Egg- 1
- Milk- 3tbsp
- Honey- 3tbsp
- Olive Oil- 5tbsp
- Take a bowl and mix well all the ingredients mentioned above.
- Make sure they are well combined until and now apply this mask to your hair.
- Leave for about 15 to 30 minutes and wash out with a very mild shampoo.
- This hair mask leaves your hair soft and moist until your next shower and works fine when applied twice a week.
Recommended: Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
This is the most common and simple hair mask and suits well for all hair types. Egg is the best source of protein and the egg yolk is rich in fat and protein. Using egg for your hair is extremely good for moisturizing it for longer period of time. The egg white is full of bacteria eating enzymes and cleanses your hair and scalp and is suggested for those having oily hair. Use a full egg for normal to dry hair.
- Egg white (for oily hair and scalp)
- 1 full egg (for normal to dry hair)
- Lemon Juice- 2/3 drops
- Take one egg or two depending on the thickness and length of your hair.
- Add few drops of lemon juice if you find smell of egg is unpleasant
- Beat until frothy and properly apply it to your hair and scalp and make sure that your hair is covered with egg.
- Cover it with a shower cap and leave it for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse well with cold water and a mild shampoo.
- People with oily hair and scalp can replace 1 full egg with egg white.
- This treatment can be applied twice a week or monthly and is considered as a good protein treatment for your hair
Don’t Miss: Benefits of Using Henna For Healthy Hair
Aloe Vera and Olive Oil Mask:
Few petals of aloe vera can beautify your hair when used regularly. Aloe Vera is a 3 in 1 plant and is the best medicine for health, skincare and hair care too. Using products containing aloe vera as the hair strengthening agent is quite expensive. Treat your hair naturally by trying out these natural hair care mask.
- Aloe Vera: 4-5 tbsps
- Olive Oil: 3-4 tbsps
- Egg Yolk: 2-3 tbsps
- In a bowl mix olive oil, aloe vera and egg yolk well and before that heat the olive oil for just 8 to 10 seconds.
- Apply it on your brittle and dry hair with hair brush and leave it for 4 to 5 hours. Apply it overnight for better results.
- Wash off wish mild shampoo later on.
- When applied continuously for 8 to 10 days your hair definitely turns healthy and shiny within no time.
Recommended: Genco Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Almond Milk and Coconut Oil Mask:
In a quest for luxurious hair locks most people spend hundreds of dollars buying expensive shampoos. It is just because many of us are unaware of the fact that one of the best hair products is available on the shelf of our favorite grocery store. Almonds are one of the amazing products when it comes to hair care. Try this mask to experience that salon affect you probably missed out.
- Almond Milk: 4- 5 tbsps
- Egg white: 3- 4 tbsps
- Coconut Oil: 1-2 tbsps
- Mix all the ingredients well in a bowl and gently apply it on your hair with brush.
- If applied overnight, it is the best remedy for those with dry hair.
- Wash off with cold water and mild shampoo.
- Use it thrice a week and if your hair is badly damaged a daily use for 8 to 10 days improves your hair condition.
- You can continue using it twice or thrice a week until you get the required results.
Recommended: Silk Pure Almond Vanilla
Avocado and Banana Hair Mask:
Avocado is the perfect hair mask for people with frizzy hair and this smoothie when applied on hair provides excellent results.
- Banana: ½ cup
- Avocado: ¼ cup
- Cantaloupe: ¼ cup
- Wheat Germ Oil: 1tbsp
- Yogurt: 1 tbsp
- In a blender mix well all the ingredients until it turns smooth.
- Squeeze some Vitamin E capsule contents and mix them well with the smoothie.
- Massage with the smoothie on your hair and leave it for about 15 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair as usual after this and this can apply once in a week to get good results.
Don’t Miss: 10 Major Causes of Hair Fall
Mayonnaise and Avocado Hair Conditioner:
Condition your hair with homemade smoothie and is good when compared to the conditioners available in the market. Mayonnaise is made of oil and egg and is a great moisturizing agent to protect your hair from damaged look. An avocado, rich in fat content makes your hair less dry and prone to breakage.
- Mayonnaise: 2 tbsps
- Avocad0: ½ mashed
- Mix half mashed Avocado and 2 tbsps of Mayonnaise in a bowl until creamy.
- Apply this homemade conditioner all through your hair mostly concentrating on the ends.
- Use a wide comb for an even spread of this conditioner on hair.
- Wash off with water after sometime.
We hope this article served you best in terms of hair care masks. Please share your thoughts via below comments.