Hair fall can occur in both men and women of any age and the cause for hair fall is usually not paid attention to. When most of us come to know about hair fall, we are concerned about making it stop. However, what we don’t understand is that hair fall can actually be a symptom of some other issue with our body. Though mechanical damage to the hair can also happen, consistent hair loss is generally because of some other problems. Let us have a look at some of the reasons why hair loss can take place.
- Infections- this is the number one cause for hair fall but people often do not know much about it. An infection can be caused because of bacterial overgrowth on the scalp which can result in itchiness, flakiness and dryness of the scalp. In such a situation, you will have to first make sure that all the bacteria and germs are killed before you can finally go ahead with other hair loss treatments.
- Allergies and chemical usage- sometimes, excessive usage of chemicals, toxic materials etc. can weaken the hair from the roots. At other times, there could be burns and injuries and even allergies that could be triggering your hair loss.
- Medications or other medical treatments- anabolic steroids are commonly known to be a cause for hair fall. This is mostly because these steroids are used in conditions like failed kidneys, radiation therapy and chemotherapy. You must also make sure that you are consulting your doctor before treating this kind of hair fall. Sometimes, the treatment medications can react when used with other treatments. So a doctor’s consultation becomes quite important.
- Nutritional deficiencies- in case you are not getting enough vitamins, biotin, iron and other components in your body, your hair could be lost with ease. Vitamin C and Vitamin E along with some B complex vitamins are also necessary in order to promote hair growth.
- Medical conditions- in case you face any kind of medical conditions like anemia and thyroid, your hair will begin to fall. High fever can also cause hair fall. Pregnant women also experience hair fall. Any kind of hormonal imbalances will also be causing hair fall. PCOS is also a major cause for hair fall.