Spirulina is a blue-green algae, which is a freshwater plant. It is one of the most researched plants in the recent times. Renowned for its intense flavor, spirulina is gaining popularity for its powerful nutrition profile and benefits
Hair Benefits of Spirulina: Spirulina is being widely used for promoting hair growth and to combat hair problems like thinning hair and baldness. Spirulina contains amino acids, essential fatty acids, vitamin A and beta-carotene, all of which are great for hair.
External use of spirulina can accelerate hair growth. Besides consumption, this algae is used as an ingredient in shampoos and conditioning treatments.
The proteins in spirulina can also reduce hair fall and hair thinning.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Organic Burst Spirulina powder
- 1/2 banana or avocado
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Blend the ingredients in a blender or mash and mix well in a bowl.
- Apply evenly throughout your hair, massaging into the scalp.
- Cover with a shower cap and leave for 15 minutes minimum or up to 1 hour.
- Wash off thoroughly with a gentle natural shampoo (don’t worry, your hair won’t go green).