Vitamin E is best known for its antioxidant properties that help reduce free radical damage and protect the body’s cells. Although you can find it in the supplement aisle, many companies add vitamin E to their beauty products. And for good reason!
Vitamin E has been used in dermatology since the 1950s to help protect the skin against aging, inflammation, and sun damage. The fat-soluble antioxidant is vital for maintaining healthy skin and a strong immune system.
Recently, vitamin E has been hailed as a cure-all to turn frizzy, damaged, unmanageable hair into shiny, luscious locks
To get the most out of the vitamin E-rich oil:
- Massage it onto your scalp.
- Gently comb through with a wide-tooth comb.
- Let the oil sit for at least 15 minutes.
- When you’re done, wash the oil out of your hair with your regular shampoo.
- If your hair already feels well moisturized, you can skip conditioner.